Ainsty Inns Support Martin House in The Great North Run
This year Antony and Mark from Ainsty Inns are taking on the Great North Run to raise money for a well known local charity supporting and caring for children and their families going through the most difficult of times.
Antony grew up in Tockwith and Mark in Boston Spa and we both know about the fantastic care that Martin House provides and we’re looking to support their amazing work through completing a half marathon.
Both novice runners, we completed the Wetherby 10k last year and we’re aiming for a half marathon this year (a week after this years Wetherby 10k!)
We’d love to see our target smashed and any amount of donations are welcome. To Donate just hit the button below and you’ll get taken through to our Justgiving page.
FACTS ABOUT THE GREAT NORTH RUN
- The Great North Run was started in 1981
- The Race was the brain child of former Olympic bronze medalist Brendan Foster
- The first race had 12,000 people taking part but had 56,000 taking part in 2015
- This year their aim is to recruit one runner from every country in the United Nations – 193 in total!
- The male course record is 58:56 and female is 1:05:39
- The course distance is 13.1 miles starting in Newcastle and ending in South Shields